Monday, March 9, 2015

Being Pressured

The second reason people stay in abusive relationship is pressure.
Social/Peer Pressure:
If the abuser is popular, it can be hard for a person to tell their friends for fear that no one will believe them or that everyone will take the abuser's side.
Cultural/Religious Reasons: 
Traditional gender roles can make it difficult for young women to admit to being sexually active and for young men to admit to being abused. Also, your friend’s culture or religion may influence them to stay rather than end the relationship for fear of bringing shame upon their family.
Pregnancy/Parenting:
Your friend may feel pressure to raise their children with both parents together, even if that means staying in an abusive relationship. Also, the abusive partner may threaten to take or harm the children if your friend leaves.
Please don't let any of these reasons keep you in that relationship because in the end you are really hurting your self and your children. I am a witness to that. I have 2 children and if I had the faith to leave sooner I would have. If you need encouragement or just someone to talk too. Don't let me be a stranger behind this page. I want to connect with you and talk to you. Again, I not here to judge anyone. I am here to help and provide resources to get you to where you need to be.
‪#‎speakout‬ ‪#‎fight‬ ‪#‎protect‬ ‪#‎live‬
‪#‎letsenddomesticabuse‬ ‪#‎letyourvoicebeheard‬

No comments:

Post a Comment